Pages

Hi there! Allow me to introduce myself..










Hello visitors!

This is it, my big adventure has begun. I am finally here, in Denmark. It was about time it started!

My first impressions:
- Danish people are very friendly.
- The snow is overwelming (don´t be fooled, normally they only have 3 or 4 days of snow over here)
- Skype is great!
- The weather predictions were right for once.. It´s pretty cold outside.

My plans for the rest of my stay:
- Learn about cultural differences.
- Getting to know my own boundries and pushing them.
- Learn more about the educational system over here and integrating them in my own teaching methods.

By using this blog, I will update you regularly about my personal journey. You will find information about my whereabouts, my ups but also my downs.

I hope you´ll enjoy it and learn just as much as I do.

About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Stefanie and I am an Erasmus student in Denmark for the following three months.

Off we go!

Off we go!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Here we are! Our first day..

Hi everybody!

Sundaymorning, 6.00 AM: A very loud and irritating sound wakes me up. It´s time to go! After my morning coffee, my mother and I tried to put all of my bags in the car.

Sundaymorning, 7.15 AM: I arrived at Lynn´s place. When I saw all of the luggage Lynn had packed, my heart stopped beating for just a few seconds. Is all of this going to fit in that little car? With the help of our parents, we jammed it in.

Sundaynight, 16.30 AM: After an 8,5 hour drive, we arrived in Haderslev. Finally!
Because we left with a lot of snow in Belgium, we were really careful on our way over here.
With every hundred km that passed, we became more excited. Lots and lots of cds were played over and over again.
After a while, boredom sat in.. A little stop here, another cd there... Then, we noticed the funny names of the cities we passed by. Fx: Okselaar is a little city nearby the Danish border. In Dutch, when you add an h inbetween, you get the word "okselhaar" which is the hair underneath your armpits.. Like I said before, bordom sat in. Not a minute too soon, the GPS indicated that we only had onother hour to drive. Our energylevels hit the roof.

More adventures and funny comments are still to come.. So visite me again when you get a chance, so you can follow my tracks.
Blogmessages in the making:
- The adventures of the missing frying pan.
- And many, many more..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers