Pages

Hi there! Allow me to introduce myself..










Hello visitors!

This is it, my big adventure has begun. I am finally here, in Denmark. It was about time it started!

My first impressions:
- Danish people are very friendly.
- The snow is overwelming (don´t be fooled, normally they only have 3 or 4 days of snow over here)
- Skype is great!
- The weather predictions were right for once.. It´s pretty cold outside.

My plans for the rest of my stay:
- Learn about cultural differences.
- Getting to know my own boundries and pushing them.
- Learn more about the educational system over here and integrating them in my own teaching methods.

By using this blog, I will update you regularly about my personal journey. You will find information about my whereabouts, my ups but also my downs.

I hope you´ll enjoy it and learn just as much as I do.

About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Stefanie and I am an Erasmus student in Denmark for the following three months.

Off we go!

Off we go!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stereotypes

Before I came to Danmark, I didn't know a lot of the Danish people and their culture. These were my thoughts:
- Danish people are blond and have blue eyes.
- In Denmark, there's a lot of snow throughout the whole year.
- Danish people are very organised.
Apparently, I was wrong. The Danes aren't used to the snow, they only have two of three day of snow per year. And not all Danes have blond hair. I did notice that the Danish women have a similar haircut. I find that amusing.
The Danish people are very friendly and well organized. Everyone is very punctual in their behaviour.
Now, let's hear about some Belgian stereotypes.
I am Belgian because:
- I drink a lot of beer.
- I am very hard working.
- I am perfectionistic.
If you have any more stereotypes about the belgian people, place a comment and I'll confirm or deny it. =) I'm curious..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers