Pages

Hi there! Allow me to introduce myself..










Hello visitors!

This is it, my big adventure has begun. I am finally here, in Denmark. It was about time it started!

My first impressions:
- Danish people are very friendly.
- The snow is overwelming (don´t be fooled, normally they only have 3 or 4 days of snow over here)
- Skype is great!
- The weather predictions were right for once.. It´s pretty cold outside.

My plans for the rest of my stay:
- Learn about cultural differences.
- Getting to know my own boundries and pushing them.
- Learn more about the educational system over here and integrating them in my own teaching methods.

By using this blog, I will update you regularly about my personal journey. You will find information about my whereabouts, my ups but also my downs.

I hope you´ll enjoy it and learn just as much as I do.

About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Stefanie and I am an Erasmus student in Denmark for the following three months.

Off we go!

Off we go!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

International evening: Belgium - Hungary



Yesterday we had our first international evening. It was up to us to present Belgium and Viki presented Hungary. Loes had put her creative mind at work and made a quiz about Belgium. The questions were fairly simple. Every country was represented in a group. After seven questions, they learned more about our culture.










Then, it was time for some real beer and chocolate! Lynn and I made sure we had some chocolate for everyone. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough beer for everyone.

 
 
 
Viki presented her home country with a lot of pride. She made a powerpoint presentation about her home country. After that, it was time to move our feet! We heard some Hungarian folk music and were taught a typical Hungarian folk dance. We enjoyed ourselves! It was wonderful to learn about a European culture, other than my own.


For that reason, I am reserving a place in my blog for every international evening. I think it’s important to be open for other cultures. It can just enrich your point of view over Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers