Pages

Hi there! Allow me to introduce myself..










Hello visitors!

This is it, my big adventure has begun. I am finally here, in Denmark. It was about time it started!

My first impressions:
- Danish people are very friendly.
- The snow is overwelming (don´t be fooled, normally they only have 3 or 4 days of snow over here)
- Skype is great!
- The weather predictions were right for once.. It´s pretty cold outside.

My plans for the rest of my stay:
- Learn about cultural differences.
- Getting to know my own boundries and pushing them.
- Learn more about the educational system over here and integrating them in my own teaching methods.

By using this blog, I will update you regularly about my personal journey. You will find information about my whereabouts, my ups but also my downs.

I hope you´ll enjoy it and learn just as much as I do.

About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Stefanie and I am an Erasmus student in Denmark for the following three months.

Off we go!

Off we go!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Comparative studies

The biggest chunk in our schedule must have been the comparative studies with Iben.
I must say I really enjoyed these lessons! I love it when people dare you to be critical about what’s happening around you and challenge you to think for yourself. Iben did that in almost every lesson.

The lessons within comparative studies have a wide range.
It started with the comparison between the Danish school system and the system in your own country, and ended with looking at pictures from a teacher’s point of view and telling what you saw in it. It is not surprising that these lessons were different for every person. Every experience leaves a different impression in each person. By listening to other people’s opinions, you start to look at your own from a critical point of view. Why is it that I think this, but another one doesn’t share my opinion? I love it when people challenge me to look at my opinion differently.

I just want to say this last thing: Keep the comparative studies for the Erasmus years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers