Pages

Hi there! Allow me to introduce myself..










Hello visitors!

This is it, my big adventure has begun. I am finally here, in Denmark. It was about time it started!

My first impressions:
- Danish people are very friendly.
- The snow is overwelming (don´t be fooled, normally they only have 3 or 4 days of snow over here)
- Skype is great!
- The weather predictions were right for once.. It´s pretty cold outside.

My plans for the rest of my stay:
- Learn about cultural differences.
- Getting to know my own boundries and pushing them.
- Learn more about the educational system over here and integrating them in my own teaching methods.

By using this blog, I will update you regularly about my personal journey. You will find information about my whereabouts, my ups but also my downs.

I hope you´ll enjoy it and learn just as much as I do.

About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Stefanie and I am an Erasmus student in Denmark for the following three months.

Off we go!

Off we go!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Danish gym in Aabenraa

Nine, our buddy, is a trainer in Danish gymnastics. During our first week, we were invited to view a training session. Because I used to be a gymnast myself, I really enjoyed watching the session. Danish gym is a combination of modern dance and gymnastics.
During the training, I was surprised at the way those two elements are combined.
Afterwards, Nine told us they were preparing themselves for a show in march. Lynn and I were invited and wanted to go right away.
So, on march 12th, we drove up to the gym hall in Aabenraa. Esther, Sophie and Aurélie joined us. We were surprised by the amount of people that were in the gym hall. Different groups performed their piece.
I was most impressed by the largest performing group. It was a group of 124, and they were all so synchronized! I know how difficult it is to make 6 or 7 people move in the right way at the right time. My jaw dropped at the floor and I got butterflies in my stomach when I think about my own gymnastic group.

When you think of gymnastics, you think of young people, up until the age of 25. But not in Denmark! Here, even older people practice Danish gym. This proves once again that the Danes are a very active people.
I really enjoyed watching the different performances, and take part in the atmosphere that was in the gym hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers