Pages

Hi there! Allow me to introduce myself..










Hello visitors!

This is it, my big adventure has begun. I am finally here, in Denmark. It was about time it started!

My first impressions:
- Danish people are very friendly.
- The snow is overwelming (don´t be fooled, normally they only have 3 or 4 days of snow over here)
- Skype is great!
- The weather predictions were right for once.. It´s pretty cold outside.

My plans for the rest of my stay:
- Learn about cultural differences.
- Getting to know my own boundries and pushing them.
- Learn more about the educational system over here and integrating them in my own teaching methods.

By using this blog, I will update you regularly about my personal journey. You will find information about my whereabouts, my ups but also my downs.

I hope you´ll enjoy it and learn just as much as I do.

About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Stefanie and I am an Erasmus student in Denmark for the following three months.

Off we go!

Off we go!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Cooking makes people come together...

What happened?
On Wednesday, the 24th of march, we had a cooking class with Danish students. The objective of this class was: make a climate friendly meal that you eat in your own country. All of these foods were presented in a buffet.
Lynn, Rikke, Sidsle, Karen and I were responsible for the main course, two other teams prepared a starter and a desert (two of each course!). Lynn and I decided to prepare ‘Hutsepot’, a stew with all seasonal vegetables. With a little help from Piet Huysentruyt, a tv-chef from Belgium, we went on our way.
Another stereotype of the Danes was confirmed: They are really helpful and eager to learn about another culture! It was nice to mingle with Danish student. I don’t have any optional subjects, therefore, it was a nice change.


We were given two hours to prepare our meal. Our work was fairly easy: chop up some vegetables and bacon, put them into a big pan, add some water and herbs and let it cook for three quarters of an hour. So, after half an hour, there was time for coffee and a chat.
During the buffet, we were introduced to a few Danish traditions: eating dark bread with eel and onions and drinking shnaps afterwards. The atmosphere was really comfortable, even a little bit familiar.

What have I learned about this experience?

It's nice to get to know Danish students. I felt really welcome in their group. I learned about ‘food courage’, which I lack a lot of the time. I tasted foods and food combinations that I’ve never heard of before, and the best of all is that I liked it! =) It was a very ‘hugge’ experience, that I probably will not forget for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers